Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday Finds

Starts with  S
Metal
Mineral

The first will be the same, except we’ll work our way through the alphabet. The second and third will be different each time.
Hosted by Friday Finds and this is V4 or round 4!!!

Also playing along at ABC Wednesday



Eh to Zed


For this round of the alphabet I am going to celebrate Canada's 150 birthday by showcasing towns across the county.
We'll be criss-crossing across the country, from the Atlantic coast of the Maritime provinces of Nova Scota, New Brunswick and PEI to Ontario then to Alberta back to Ontario and into Quebec and then way out west to the Pacific coast in British Columbia. We also stop in Manitoba, Saskatchewan. We covered 9 of the 10 provinces.


Starts with S
Shediac New Brunswick
Shediac is a Canadian town in Westmorland County, New Brunswick. The town is known as the "Lobster Capital of the World" and hosts an annual festival every July which promotes its ties to lobster fishing. At the western entrance to the town is a 90-tonne sculpture called (perhaps inaccurately) The World's Largest Lobster.




METAL
Emerald Palace Bangkok Thailand




MINERAL
The Big Nickel Sudbury ON


3 comments:

  1. ...some mighty BIG neat things this week, Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been in Shediac. And it has been awhile since I've seen the Nickel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Shediac! A mere 20 minutes drive from me, or thereabouts. Great choice - I always love to see the lobster even though I know it's meant for the tourists - it just makes me smile. I've only seen the nickel once - a friend of mine got married in Sudbury so I visited while I was there for the wedding. The emerald palace shot is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.