Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday Finds


1. Starts with F
2. Week's Favorite
3. Heart

The first two will be the same, except we’ll work our way through the alphabet. The second can be a favorite image or activity from the week. The third will be different each time.

Friday Finds ABC Wednesday

Letter F - I'm going to try to find cities/towns we've visited as the theme.
I will keep a running list at the bottom of the Friday post.

May 2004 -Florence Italy



The Dome of Florence Cathedral (Italian pronunciation: [katteˈdraːle di ˈsanta maˈriːa del ˈfjoːre]; in English "Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Flowers") is the main church of Florence. Il Duomo di Firenze, as it is ordinarily called, was begun in 1296 in the Gothic style with the design of Arnolfo di Cambio and completed structurally in 1436 with the dome engineered by Filippo Brunelleschi.



Ponte Vecchio "Old Bridge" is a medieval stone closed-spandrel segmental arch bridge over the Arno River, noted for still having shops built along it, as was once common.




Week's favourite - no reason, it just made me smile outside a pharmacy.




HEART spotted these sunglasses in a street market here in Mazatlan.











ALPHABET AROUND THE WORLD

  1. Alice Springs, Australia 
  2. Bratislava, Slovakia
  3. Cartagena Columbia
  4. Delft The Netherlands
  5. Edinburgh Scotland
  6. Florence Italy

6 comments:

  1. ...heart shaped sunglasses, what a gas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! They are cool shades! Loved Flrence when I was there. Have a lovel.y weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those shops on the bridge are wonderful. They look almost medieval in style. I can't imagine the planning that needs to go into a bridge to support all that weight and structure. An architect's nightmare! Lovely result though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking your "F" posting, Jackie. I take it you are in Mazatlán now. It might be your "M" town? I did places back in the first half of 2015 for Jenny. Countries, states/provences, then cities, U.S. then Foreign of over 100,000 population. Paris was my favorite "P". http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2015/03/my-alphabe-thursday-5th-letter-p-some.html
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Florence is beautiful! It is one of my nephew's favorite places. I can only dream about being able to see some of the places you share with us. Thanks! I can see why that big dude would make you smile. Cute. Love the heart! Thanks so much for joining in Friday's Hunt. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.