Thursday, December 21, 2023

Throwback Thursday - Charlie Brown's Christmas

December 2016 - Kissimmee FL


We left Toronto before any white stuff fell and drove to Florida for a month. We have plans to be away until early April.

This is not a long outing at all but it was fun.


We went to the Gaylord Palms hotel (Marriott) to see the Charlie Brown's Christmas ICE exhibit. We really enjoyed the show, however, the ticket prices were ridiculous. It took us thirty minutes to walk the the exhibit, cost - $30 each.




You are given a blue winter coat which is greatly appreciated. The temperature was 9F or -13C!!!

 



I understand that it is a lot of work to create these sculptures and it is a lot of ice, however....

How much ice? 2 million pounds!!!

To add insult to injury, our thirty minute outing had a $22 parking charge, so in total a $82 US thirty minutes!









John was smart enough to at least wear his running shoes!















Cold tootsies!



For some odd reason at end of the display there were two nativity scenes made from plain ice. These were gorgeous in a different way.




My glasses were completely steamed up when we came back out into the warmth.


Of course there was a "Christmas" Market as you exited.



Linking up with:






Scenic Weekends
Seasons
Monday Walks
Monday Morning Blog Club
Whatever the Weather - Wednesday - Friday
Through My Lens Monday
Life Through the Lens
Tuesday Travel
Our World Tuesday
City Trippin'
Wanderful Wednesday
SNAP on Wednesday
Outdoor Wednesday
Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global
Travel Photo Thursday
Budget Travel Talk
Weekend Travel Inspiration.
The Weekly Postcard
Weekend Wanderlust





14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you walked through too quickly! Sure sound steep to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, Tom, but it was freezing! It sure was steep!

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I do like Charlie Brown. I've never seen coloured ice sculptures, Jackie. An expensive treat, but that's Christmas these days. Wishing you a joyful Christmas and many more good times in 2017. :) Thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love it! What a variety in the sculptures. It also looks c-c-c-cold:) Many thanks and appreciation for your sharing with ALL SEASONS! A merry Christmas to you and your hubby, Jackie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Despite the cold, cost ~ you show us a very creative and beautiful array of photos ~ Peanuts is still one my favorites ~ thanks,

    Wishing a Very Merry Christmas ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and a really neat idea, but I'm with you. For US$82 I don't see the value for money, especially for only 30 minutes of entertainment. Merry Christmas!

    Stephanie @ SV CAMBRIA

    ReplyDelete
  6. A few weeks ago, I blogged about my recap of our Gaylord ICE visit from last year. I agree that it was indeed both expensive and very cold. Luckily, we had been forewarned and came prepared with gloves, pants, socks and hats to wear. I like the Charlie Brown theme, and my kids would probably prefer it to the Christmas Around the World theme that we saw. I think Charlie Brown is sad because he is so cold. He's a real (ice)blockhead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The concept of coloured ice is different? I have never seen an ice sculpture so I'm not sure how they do that. It looks great but I wouldn't pay that amount to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful variety of ice sculptures. Especially love the enchanting nativity scene.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Jackie! Love those ice sculptures, but I would be wincing at the price, too. The exchange rate doesn't help either. I do love Charlie Brown and friends, but I think my favorite are the nativity scenes. Thanks for linking up this week. #TPThursday

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the values of our currencies were similar back then, so in your or my dollars, wow, especially the parking charge.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.