Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Cancer Survivors' Park

October 2015 - Rancho Mirage CA

We've been in Palm Springs many times and we have driven by this park numerous times saying we should stop. Finally we did this year.



First is a positive mental attitude walk with 14 bronze plaques, four inspirational and 10 instructional.




Second is a sculpture of eight life-size bronze figures passing through a maze representing cancer treatment. The five before the maze show fear, hope and determination in their faces while the three after are laughing and happy, representing successful treatment.







 Third is a “Road to Recovery” consisting of seven plaques explaining what cancer is and basic actions to successfully overcome the disease.


12 comments:

  1. An interesting idea for public art. I like it! Glad you finally stopped. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great sculpture/s and an a great message too. Another thing I didn't see when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a powerful sculptural set... really makes you stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a moving sculpture park. I can't imagine the emotions of seeing this in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely worth stopping for! Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of this place before. I may stop by in my next visit to the Palm Springs area (high season is coming!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting concept and the sculptures are excellent. It is good to stop and explore something that you've passed by many times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jackie! I've never heard of this park, but I think it's a great idea. I love the sculptures. Thanks for linking up this week. #TPThursday

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.