Thursday, November 6, 2014

Look UP Look DOWN

Look Up, Look Down challenge hosted by Travel With Intent.


I'm linking up over here today.
Travel Photo Thursday
I'm posting over at The Budget Travelers' Sandbox 

October 2014 - Toronto ON

I happened upon this building while roaming around Queen's Park. It is known as the Canadiana Gallery at 14 Queen's Park Crescent West and is part of the University of Toronto. It was donated by Sigmund Samuel along with his collection of Canadian artifacts.



As I was looking at the entrance I was struck by these amazing statues of Champlain, Simcoe, Brock and Wolfe, all Canadian historical figures.
They are hidden from the street by bushes and a fence.




Simcoe is definitely looking down on me!





Click here for more photos of the University of Toronto.
Victoria College
Munk School of Global Affairs

6 comments:

  1. I have often taken pics of these but never posted them. They are quite cool. Nice shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this building at a distance, but didn't approach- the next time I'm around, I'll have to remedy that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive! The sculptor was very skilled in putting the authority in pose and expression on the face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The statues are very impressive! Simcoe looks very serious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The statues on the walls are quite something. Perfect entry for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.