Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday's Words - An Interesting Blog

I discovered this blog Home Is Where The heart Is. Sunflower is from Toronto.

Here is what she says on first post:
I'm not really sure how to start this blog but I guess the best way is simply to just tell the story of why I decided to move to South Africa in this first place so here goes....
Back in the summer of '08 while researching some working holiday info I came across an opportunity to volunteer in South Africa. For some reason it stuck in my head and a few months later, in October, I decided to just go for it. I found myself in a suburb of Cape Town at a "Place of Safety" for children, which is basically a transitional home for kids that have been taken away from their parents for various reasons or were simply abandoned. This isn't a permanent home, but serves to house these children until the courts decide what to do with them. There were 30 children between the ages of 6-14 that lived here, split in half by gender. This is where I met two of the most important people in my life. I will call them S and T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.