Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Recipes - Chicken Divan

Another recipe that has been around our family for years, this is even in my sister's handwriting.





1 bunch broccoli - I typically use fresh, but you could use frozen.

2 cups cooked, chicken - I have also done this with fresh chicken, whatever I have on land. I use chicken thighs and just cut them up.

2 cans cream of chicken soup - click here if you want to make your own. OR use a cup of sour cream to replace any cream of soup can.

3/4 cup mayonnaise

1 tsp. lemon juice

about 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese

Dash of Worcestershire sauce


You could brown chicken pieces (boneless or bone-in) but I don't bother.

Put the chicken in the bottom of a crockpot or casserole dish, if you’re baking it in an oven. Layer the broccoli on top of the chicken. Stir together the soup, mayo and lemon juice. Spread this mixture over the broccoli. Top with the cheese. Bake in an oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or so. Or cook in a crockpot on low for 4-5 hours.

I do this in the oven as a quick meal.


https://ameessavorydish.com/chicken-divan/#recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.